Over a period of time, I have realized that you don’t need an occasion to bake any cakes. Having said that, I am always baking or experimenting different cakes or flavors, which has resulted in putting on some few kilos here and there. Sigh. Anyway, I end up sharing those cakes or cupcakes with my family and friends around but there are few vegetarian people who don’t eat eggs and here lies the problem.
I love how an egg adds a structure and flavor to the cakes. I prefer cakes with eggs over eggless. I have tried to crack an eggless cake or cupcake recipe a couple of times but never got it right. Something was just not right. It was disappointing every time and it kinda lowered my confidence of baking an eggless cake. So much so that I stopped trying to bake eggless recipes and just decided to do the best; crack some eggs and get on with baking a cake.
Two weeks back, it was one of my aunt’s birthday, who doesn’t eat eggs and I wanted to surprise few people with something sweet. So I thought why not go against my old enemy – Eggless Cupcakes. After watching n number of YouTube videos, I finally found a recipe worth a try. And guess what? I made some good chocolate cupcakes without the eggs ! The cupcakes turned out with a really good texture and they were light to eat and very yummy. My aunt was happy that I had finally able to produce some eggless cake. I thought why not share it with you guys since I had a couple of requests to bake something eggless. So here it is.
This recipe belongs to Anushruti, who shares her vegetarian recipes on her website and on the Rajshri’s YouTube Food channel – Divine taste with Anushruti. I have made some slight changes in this cupcake recipe. I have tried some of her recipes and enjoyed them. You can check her website and the YouTube channel in the link given below.
YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/RajshriFood
Recipe Source : Divine taste with Anushruti ( http://www.divinetaste.com/ )
Makes 12 cupcakes or one 9″ round cake
- 1 1/2 cup (200 g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup (50 g) cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4th tin (300 g) of sweetened condense milk (Nestle’s milkmaid)
- 1/2 cup (100 g) melted butter
- 3/4 cup (200 ml) cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp hot water
- pinch of salt
- Fun Foods chocolate fudge spread for frosting
- sprinklers to decorate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160 C and line the cupcake tin with cupcake liners or line the bottom of the cake tin with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sift the plain flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Give it a mix.
- In another bowl, beat the melted butter, condensed milk and cream together using a hand mixer for a couple of minutes. Add in the powdered sugar and mix.
- Next add in half of the dry ingredients mixture and mix until combined. Add in the remaining dry ingredients mixture, vanilla essence and mix for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add in 2 tbsp of hot water and give a final mix.
- Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases, filling each case with two-third full or pour in the round cake tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes for the cupcakes or 1 hour for the round tin cake until the skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- After the cupcakes are bake, allow them to cool down for 5-10 minutes and then transfer to the cooling rack. Similar for the cake.
- Once cooled, decorate the cupcakes or the cake with the chocolate spread or any other frosting you like.
You can enjoy these cupcakes without the frosting also. Indulge in these cupcakes and having an amazing week !
Happy Baking !