This is one of my favourite dishes to make and eat. All the ingredients are available in your fridge, plus it can be prepared in about 15-20 minutes. This noodle dish is filled with protein, vegetables and with a simple taste to keep your tummy full.
The original recipe belongs to Gordan Ramsay. I was addicted to his TV series of Gordon Ramsay’s Ultimate Cookery Course. I have added my bits to this recipe. It’s one of my comfort dishes. Hope you like it.
- 200 g flat rice noodles
- 200 g chicken breast cut into strips
- 2-3 garlic cloves, sliced finely
- 200 g broccoli cut in half lengthwise
- 150 g carrots cut into julienne
- handful of spring onions sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- salt as required
- 2 tbsp sesame oil or any other flavored oil as required for stir-frying
- few tsps of crushed peanuts for garnish
- You can also use normal rice or egg noodles.
- Can add in your choice of vegetables and your preferred amount of them.
- If you don’t have a wok, you can use a wide pan wherein noodles and the vegetables can be tossed.
- As it is a stir-fry, you will need the wok on high heat and its important to work quickly. Keep all your ingredients ready.
- Cook the noodles as per the instructions given on the packet.
- Heat the wok or a large wide pan over high heat and add the oil. Add in the chicken strips along with salt and grounded black pepper. Stir fry it.
- Next add in the garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds. Then add in the broccoli, julienne carrots and soy sauce and stir fry for few minutes until the vegetables are tender. Remove the contents of the wok and keep them aside.
- Wipe the wok and add a dash of oil. Add the beaten eggs in the hot wok, season and stir over the heat allowing the egg to cook a bit. Almost like scrambled eggs. Add in the noodles and toss well. Return the chicken and vegetable mixture and the spring onions to the wok and stir fry for few more minutes over a medium heat.
- Sprinkle the noodles with some crushed peanuts and serve the noodles immediately. Add in your favourite sauces and enjoy.
Hope you enjoy this recipe and the dish. I will see you soon.
Happy Noodles Cooking !!